Job description UI/UX Artist
Employment Type Full-time
Location Uppsala, Sweden
ABOUT BAD YOLK GAMES
Bad Yolk Games is a Sustainable Gaming Development Studio founded on principles of employee health and happiness as well as making games on its own terms. Our talented team of Indie and AAA veterans from Development teams working on IPs such as Wolfenstein, Doom and ACIII, Publishers in both Indie and AAA space and Platform business (PlayStation) are focused on bringing joyful and immersive experiences to our players. Our first game, Main Assembly, was released in January 2021 and was nominated for Best Debut and Best Technology at the Nordic Game Awards. We’re now working our next project and hope that you want to be part of the journey!
OUR HIRING PROCESS
What can you expect? You read this job advertisement, visited our website and/or played our game and are interested enough to apply to the role.
Our studio will reach out to you for an initial discussion to make sure everything lines up between both of our expectations. Depending on the role, we may ask if you can complete a practical exercise.
We invite you to meet the team, either virtually or in person to see if there is a fit between us, what your aspirations are and how that aligns with our goals.
We thank you for your time with either honest feedback or an offer.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working at Bad Yolk Games often means you must wear several hats. As our UI/UX Artist you will be creating and integrating UI assets. You will also help improve the usability of the game through carefully designed interfaces.
- Producing and integrating UI assets
- Creating UI animations, in and out of the game engine
- Designing ergonomic game menus and user interfaces
- Occasionally putting together marketing material
- Graphic Design skills: color, composition, animation, typography
- Proficient with Adobe CS. Mainly Photoshop, Illustrator, and AfterEffects
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4, and the associated UI pipeline
- +2 years professional experience in a UI artist role, shipping 1 game
- A genuine interest in video games
- Self-motivation, effective communication, and a team-player attitude
- Ability to share a portfolio, demonstrating your work
- Knowledge/Interest in games accessibility features
- Ability to use UE4 Blueprints to prototype UX flow
Our benefits package is built around health and happiness:
- Flexible working environment: we are goal oriented, so you decide how to manage your day/week, just make sure it works for the rest of the team in terms of online hours or working remotely when needed.
- Pension, parental benefits, wellness grant and wellness hour
- Competitive salary and bonus policy
- Freedom to work on your personal projects, in accordance the company policy
- 25 days holiday to recharge your batteries: no rules, just ensure the time works for the rest of the team and plan in advance.
To apply please send your resumé with a cover letter together with a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org