Bad Yolk Games is looking for a CEO
Do you want to be in lead for an expansive, forward-thinking development studio? Then you might be ready to take the next step in your career as CEO for Bad Yolk.
Bad Yolk is a game development studio in Uppsala started by a team of experienced ex-AAA game developers committed to diversity, inclusivity, and mutual respect, making games that anyone can enjoy!
Our first title, Main Assembly, is scheduled for full release in the first quarter of 2021 and planning is already well underway for our next title – a third-person RPG life-sim centered around inventing and growing plants on a new frontier in space.
Throughout 2021, we are hoping to expand our team and to find ourselves in new, fresh offices. Candidates will receive more information on our next title and other exciting plans.
You will be in charge of developing and executing the studio’s plans for Business, Sales, Marketing and Human Resources, working closely with the Bad Yolk board of directors on steering documents and the studio’s vision.
An important part of your job as CEO will be to
- build and maintain a tight knitted, competent development team and an attractive work environment,
- monitor game development, ensuring that work is progressing in accordance with set budgets and timetables, providing the development team the resources necessary to succeed,
- develop, mentor and coach employees, always leading by example,
- make sure that the studio is run in compliance with all board instructions, policies, and procedures as well as any applicable rules and regulations, and
- perform other duties/projects as assigned
Our ideal candidate shares our passion for games and/or game development. You’re an inspiring, motivating, present and natural leader who empowers others and fosters teamwork. We’d like to see that you’re
- confident yet kind, capable of understanding the importance of running the studio in accordance with its core values,
- service-minded and self-motivated with a can-do attitude, excited for new challenges and able to work well under pressure,
- willing to travel when needed, relishing the thought of representing the studio in a professional manner, and
- on board for our views on diversity and how it can foster creativity and success, sustainability and making decisions, where applicable, based on scientific facts.
Background and other competencies
Our ideal candidate has a business-minded skillset with employees and players at heart. You demonstrate excellent leadership qualities and management techniques, communicate well and possess solid social skills. Our ideal candidate
- has previous leadership experience, preferably with an understanding of an employer’s responsibilities,
- has experience from the game industry or the digital sector in general, either on the development or business side,
- has managed projects before, perhaps even in a producer role,
- has a business or technical degree,
- is fluent in both Swedish and English, and
- is skilled at presentation as well as negotiation.
How to apply
We are looking forward to qualified candidates of any gender and background applying. Send your CV together with a few lines about yourself and anything cool you can think of to email@example.com