Job description Senior 3D Artist
Employment Type Full-time
Location Uppsala, Sweden
ABOUT BAD YOLK GAMES
Bad Yolk Games is a Sustainable Gaming Development Studio founded on principles of employee health and happiness as well as making games on its own terms. Our talented team of AAA veterans from Development, Publishing and the Platform business are focused on bringing joyful and immersive experiences to our players. Our first game, Main Assembly, was released in January 2021 and got nominated for Best Debut and Best Technology at the Nordic Game Awards. We’re now working our next project and hope that you want to be part of the journey!
OUR HIRING PROCESS
What can you expect? You read this job advertisement, visited our website and/or played our game and are interested enough to apply to the role.
Our studio will reach out to you for an initial discussion to make sure everything lines up between both of our expectations. Depending on the role, we may ask if you can complete a practical exercise.
We invite you to meet the team, either virtually or in person to see if there’s a fit between us, what your aspirations are and how that aligns with our goals.
We thank you for your time with either honest feedback or an offer.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Working at Bad Yolk Games often mean you have to wear several hats. As our Senior 3D Artist you’re responsible for producing 3D art for the game as well as taking on more technically focused tasks. Responsibilities include:
- Jack-of-all trades 3D artist with a broad skill set including lighting, shaders, texturing,
- Create high quality stylized 3D assets according to design specs and technical requirements
- Write scripts and tools in our supported applications as needed
- Help develop and improve the art pipeline and workflows
- Self-motivation, good communication skills, and a great team-player attitude
- Proficient with standard industry tools such as: Modo, Z-Brush, Substance Designer, Substance Painter
- Solid understanding of color, form, lighting and composition
- Ability to write new scripts and support existing scripts in a production environment – Python, or similar
- Ability to diagnose and advise on shading, lighting and performance issues
- +5 years professional experience in a 3D artist role, shipping 1-2 games
- A genuine interest in video games
- Ability to share a portfolio, demonstrating your work
- Experience working with shaders and material in UE4; creation and optimization.
- Experience working with lighting in UE4
- Ability to support the design team with blueprint development/implementations in UE4
Our benefits package is built around health and happiness:
- Flexible working environment: we’re goal orientated, so you decide how to manage your day/week, just make sure it works for the rest of the team in terms of online hours or working remotely when needed.
- Pension, parental benefits, wellness grant and wellness hour
- Competitive salary and bonus policy
- Freedom to work on your personal projects, in accordance the company policy
- 25 days holiday to recharge your batteries: no rules, just ensure the time works for the rest of the team and plan in advance.
To apply please send your resumé with a cover letter together with a link to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org